Monday, November 1, 2010

Details down-low

Sooo...lemme jus say its a tight thing that our God has the best of both minds...cuz...i straight up suck with details. ha...here is the latest on what he has mapped out so far for me:

Same stuff as the last download, but now the in-between is a bit discovered:)

When i get back from Mexico City (actually RIGHT when i get back) i will be flying out to BRAZIL!!!!!!!!! finally! I will be flying out with our YWAM LA school leader, Werner Pfau, to one of the YWAM bases in Brazil (i forget the name of this base). The school that i am currently staffing (School Of Ministry Development-SOMD) will be pioneered at this particular base. its pretty tight stuff. So Werner will be overseeing the start of the school's launching for the 6 weeks (it is only 1/2 the length of this school's time, to begin with). I will stay for at least 4 weeks here and help get the school started up...teachings, staffing duties...learning the language...getting accustomed to the country...making contacts, etc. Then i will launch from there to the Belo Horizonte YWAM base to partner with the existing ministries there. My desire is to work alongside the ministries that reach out to the street children. there are 3 homes:

Rescue House, The team works with children on the streets, their families in the slums and in juvenile delinquent centers.
Recanto House, The team works with street girls and girls in at risk situations; counseling and accompanying them, helping them in various ways.
Reborn Hope House, The team works in the area of prevention of teenage pregnancy in the slums, and with pregnant teenage girls, or young teenage mothers; counseling and accompanying them.

My objective in working with these differing homes in Belo and with the street children and workers within this ministry is primarily to gain wisdom, experience and knowledge of how these programs run in order to bring the concepts back to Los Angeles. My ultimate goals are to start ministries similar to Belo's houses within the worst cities of LA...then continue to pioneer what works to other major cities and countries. My time in Belo will involve much project planning and research....research of both the macro ministry build as well as the micro...down to best practices within counseling and reintegration of families and societies.

I'm stoked:) I will be able to implement all of my social work training as well as get on-site training and experience. I can't wait to see this country...look into the eyes of the street children...gain insight into best ministry practices...and all the while, knowing that it is sharpening skills needed for future business in LA! God is moving mightly...and i am humbled immensely that he desires for me to be up in it. Blows me away. That's our inheritance my peeps! don't ask why...just ask where?! Where do you want me, God?! What do you have for me?! Because he does. He's got alot more for you than you may think. We get to freaking co-create with the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE. This life is way worth it.

Dang...ight, i'm gettin off track again, shocker i know. anyways...so i will be in Brazil for...i'm not quite sure, but it could be all the way up to late summer of 2011. Perhaps a total of 6 months. But i'm not sure on the length...i just know that i will be back in LA by August/September. And ready to hit the city!! Better equipped to help establish programs and housing ministries within the worst hoods in America. yes, that excites me...that is where my heartbeat is. That is where God is calling the church.


If you would like to partner with me in prayer or financially....Please lemme know!!!!! I have direct deposit with my new Chase Bank electronics...PayPal at the top of this page...and address to send checks to...haha. I do really need pray support tho too, i gotta lotta spiritual warfare surrounding me at all times, and i would really appreciate knowing names of people committed to praying for me! Love you all....

1 comment: