Friday, September 2, 2011

Photojournalism 4 Justice

My passions are finally coming together...

Vision:

To travel the world, joining forces with local organizations that are fighting human trafficking and other injustices, through photojournalism. The vision is to capture the injustices that plague nations in order to tell people's stories and raise awareness through photography and journalism. The integration of social work...I wish to, then, focus efforts in enhancing communities and providing job skills through photography and writing in order to decrease poverty and subsequent human trafficking or forced prostitution. The vision is to teach these skills not only to those in need, but also community leaders, churches, etc., in order to empower communities from within. Injustice needs a face. Human trafficking victims and survivors need a face. And America needs to see and hear. That is the vision. These are my goals.

Logistics:

I am opening this vision up to anyone who has similar visions and passions, to join me...if not in the field or traveling to the desolation, then, perhaps through donations. I am wishing to collect digital cameras...old, new...just have to be digital so that I can transfer the pictures that people take and place them on the computer (website) or print them from the computer to be sold. Pencils and pens...so that they can write out their stories, which is also very therapeutic. Notebooks/paper...to write in.....camcorders that you don't use anymore! I am working on saving for and buying my own camera accessories, so if you have any lenses, etc., that you are looking to sell...hook me up with the info! (Anything that is compatible with a Canon DSL) Also...I welcome any ideas that you may have that could better serve this mission, not only in preparation, but also in implementation.

Time-Frame:

Obviously...this is more of a long term vision/goal. I am currently thinking about embarking on this vision from a year from now. However, this will require a lot of planning and provision, so the faster I can collect the supplies that I need, the faster I can focus on the other details and connect with various organizations with a solid plan and materials in place.

Please consider partnering with me in this vision in order to combat the injustices that plague every nation of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment