Thursday, February 21, 2013

Through The Eyes of a Father.

More of You, God, and less of me. This is my prayer that has turned my world upside down and continues to mix it up more than not. Be ready for battle, for change, for trials and transformation as result of prayers! It has been a challenging last couple months in which i have been given what i am learning to see as a privilege of getting an up close and personal look into the eyes of my Father, a perspective much needed and one that has opened up more of my King's character to me.

The Father heart of God. Justice and Mercy collide to deliver the most perfect covering of protection, that we could ever ask for.  Often we see a pendulum swing of a one-sided worldview of a God that can only show justice or the opposite of a God who should only be merciful. But in reality, one cannot exist without the other.  God is a master of knowing and discerning what is called for in every situation. And at the center of his verdict remains the constant of pure Love. I have been reminded through current injustice drama that I cannot operate as a follower of Love, without continuously rooting myself within him and in so doing, I have shocked myself in how he has led my to respond. If I based every decision and response to hatred or injustice on my own emotions or character flaws...emotion of anger has resulted in cussing back and throwing down my own blows and in the weakness of "me" i would have definitely fought back...physically. I'm a fighter...i don't back down! But now I'm a follower...and while i don't necessarily back down, i do learn how to fight in a different way. And it's because I can see in a different way.  Kingdom perspective! And thank you, Jesus, that i have family, friends and spiritual mentors walking faithfully beside me to remind me this!!!

The best and all we can do is to give him everything.  What brings more joy to the heart of God but for his children to hold reckless abandon in their hearts to love him with all that they hold? Meaning, humbling ourselves and dropping off our fight and our "way" to choose his ways.  So we continue to try...to listen and hear, to open our eyes and see, to open our mind and know...we try with everything that we have and within every situation, to walk to the heartbeat of our Father. In so doing, you can expect to see new layers of God's character revealed. Like a present waiting to be opened!

The crap of "life" becomes less personal and the battles unfold a spiritual realm that is warring over this world. Questions become less of "what am I going to do?" and more of "God, now what do we do?"...responses become less hasty of negative emotion and more goal directed towards advancing the Kingdom. Mind, Soul, Spirit.  Making room for God to rule--to direct and lead, to admonish and enlighten, to walk us through the fire and into miracles...opening our own blurry and tear-filled eyes to see through the eyes of our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment