Thursday, April 21, 2011

walking by faith, not by feelings:

I'm ashamed to admit that my joy is often rooted in purpose, more so than my Savior. I find that when i feel that i am off of the vision of where i want to be that i face a battle with depression. And a battle of walking out life in faith to the promises of God's word rather than how i feel. God has blessed me with a lot of vision and dreams...its a gift, but my weakness plays in with the impulsiveness of feeling deeply...one's normal "down" is my deep depression. While the normal "ups" are also exuberant highs...i have to remember why it is that i live: and that is to glorify God in all that i am and with all that i do...with every feeling.

I see. I see every face that is oppressed...every face that is crying out for hope...i see the pain of this fallen world. I hear. I hear the cries of the innocent...i hear the agony of the joyless and the anger of those living in bitterness. And i feel. I feel the anxiety of a world in such need...the fear that threatens to spill over without control...the tears that fall from so many faces of injustice. I feel so deeply, and yet i can do nothing...apart from God. He IS the Author of Redemption. He specializes in bringing forth beauty from the ashes. And i so often forget that in glorifying him first, redemption will indeed spill over to these dark places. It is in our own personal glorification of Jesus that the strongholds of satan's grip will be loosened and the hope that our Savior holds is capable of highlighting truth within hardened hearts. We have no power apart from Christ to change hearts...to redeem the sin of this world. We must look first to God...not our sense of purpose, our visions and dreams...not our feelings or emotions. It is in God, alone, that this world will find answers. It is in him, alone, that we will truly be free. Thank you God for your gift of redemption. For your saving grace in your power alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment